Username: Password:

Author Topic: The strange case of the Deadly Puddle of Deadliness  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Better Call Saul

• Squire
    • View Profile
The strange case of the Deadly Puddle of Deadliness
« on: March 23, 2016, 12:20:22 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Ok, i just wasted 250 Healing points trying to overcome this beast. And failed miserably. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

I present to you - The Deadly Puddle of Deadliness :

How do i beat this thing? My melee units walk right next to it and die , my ranged ones just ignore it while shooting like madmen at walls, tigers, towers, other ranged units and probably birds, but not AT IT. Then they just walk near it and die. My turtle throws its hands in the air, then acts like it does not care, then walk near it and dies.No air conditioning in the next model for sure. I dont even want to mention the 2 other puddles behind the enemy tigers. Baby steps, you know.

Now seriously, is there a unit which i can count on consistently shooting at it. What is it even , a building? Arent the turtles marauders and huntresses supposed to be focusing buildings? They always shoot at buildings first in other cases.

Have not tried with clubmen yet but ... you know , i kind of doubt it .  <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Any tips will be greatly appreciated .
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:43:23 PM by Xepa »

Offline G.Traykov

• Administrator
    • Prince
      • View Profile
    Re: The strange case of the Deadly Puddle of Deadliness
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 05:20:53 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Hi, The Deadly Puddle is actually  a "Tar pit" trap.

All traps in the game are invulnerable and cannot be destroyed. They have a very small range so their effects are applied while the unit is on top of them.

Traps have variety of effects like reducing enemy damage, speed, range, and of course doing some damage, however it seams that there is a problem with the tar pit and he is doing no effect and is applying waaay to much damage. We will take action to fix it as soon as possible.  

Thank you for your input and please mind that we are still tweaking the game, and it is possible such issues to be present in the future and reports like yours are vital for us to make the game better.

Have a nice day.
    « Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 02:00:00 AM by Guest »
    Game Designer at Fury Studio, Ragewar Team

Offline G.Traykov

• Administrator
    • Prince
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 01:14:12 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Update.
    We have a problem with all traps.
    As a hot fix, we changed them to be buildings and now all units can attack them.

This is a temporally solution. The traps should behave as intended in the next major game update.
    Game Designer at Fury Studio, Ragewar Team

Offline Better Call Saul

• Squire
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 07:40:33 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Nice, thanks for the update.